2. Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
Luke/Lorelai. My first true OTP. They were/are soooo important to me. They’re also the first ship to truly break my heart. But they were so formative to me.
Edward/Bella. Don’t worry, I’m embarrassed too!!!! Look, Twilight is the wooooorst, but omg, that ship and that fandom was some of the most fun I’ve ever had in fandom. The fandom was so superior to the source material (obvs) and there were so many great people that I connected with because of it. As for the actual ship, they’ll always have a place in my cold black heart, as problematic as they are.
Oliver/Felicity. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE. What can I say that I haven’t already said about them? One thing that’s so amazing about this ship is that the fandom is SUPER talented and I’ve read the best fic of my life because of them. But their relationship is just sooo great and I can’t even talk coherently about them because they’re so important to me right now.
11. Talk about your favorite first kiss.
Although Luke/Lorelai’s first kiss was truly amazing, I HAVE to go with Nick/Jess. OMFG. I was JUST catching up with New Girl as this happened and I remember my Twitter feed absolutely blowing up and I knew I had to watch the last few episodes immediately so I could get to “Cooler.” Even though I KNEW it was coming, I still gasped because it was SO surprising and well done. That kiss was HOT too. I remember blushing the first time I saw it. Damn.
27. Is there a ship you’ve shipped for most of your life?
None of my serious OTPs, but there’s ones like Ross/Rachel and Cory/Topanga that definitely shaped my adolescence (and later, with R/R).
32. Share five must-read fics.
Okay, so in effort to make some of these not just O/F fics, I went deep into my fanfiction.net favorites for two of them. I haven’t read them in a looooong time, but I know I’ve reread them a few times, so hopefully they still hold up.
More by netherfield (Luke/Lorelai). This was a collection of post episodic season 5 one-shots and I remember absolutely living for them. Some of them were kind of odd, but so many of them were just amazing and beautiful and told a much better story of season five than the writers ever did.
Between the Lines by poshsmit (Seth/Summer). I literally cannot believe I’m recommending an OC fic, but omg, I loved this so much. I remember rereading it a few years ago and still loving it. It’s definitely a different take on Summer than we saw on the show, but it’s beautiful.
Between the Shadow and the Soul by apinknightmare (Oliver/Felicity). Literally all season 3 could ever hope to be and will never be. I’m going to be so disappointed when season three isn’t as good as this, but at least I had it in this form. It honestly blows me away and I’ve already reread it twice. (I also HIGHLY recommend apinknightmare’s oneshots.)
Eight Ways to Say I Love You by RosieTwiggs (Oliver/Felicity). This just gives me so many feelings!!!!!
light a match, burn the world to ash (I will watch it die, and hold your hand as I fly) by sarcastic_fina (Oliver/Felicity). HAHAHAH THIS FIC. If you want to read something that absolutely does not have a fairy tale ending and will make you cry your face off, this is the fic for you!!! It RUINED me and yet I keep coming back to it. It’s beautiful. The author is taking an extended hiatus from writing for the show, but I would recommend basically anything from her extensive collection. She is crazy talented and has some amazing AUs. But this fic. It’s just a lot.
29. Do you need to ship something to really enjoy a movie/book/tv show/comic?
tv, yes, with very few exceptions. Movies and books are totally different. I’m definitely drawn to books with romantic leanings, and rarely read books that aren’t also love stories, but it’s not totally necessary. With movies, I’m much more drawn in by plot, but if they happen to have a great couple, AWESOME!
Talk about one of your favorite headcanons for a ship you love.
Oliver/Felicity (duh). So Grace and I have been having many chats and my most recent headcanons are all about season 3 (vagueish) spoilers, so I don’t even know if these are headcanons if they haven’t happened yet, but whatever, I’m going with it!!! Basically, after Felicity starts dating Ray, Oliver starts buying her little gifts and trinkets, but he knows he can’t give them to her, so they just sit in a drawer at his place. Then, after they work things out and get together, he starts giving her the gifts sporadically. She’ll come into the lair or her office and just find random things waiting for her. Felicity is obviously way smarter than Oliver and quickly figures out that he bought these things when they weren’t even dating and he gets super cute and embarrassed.
Already answered 40!
5. Do you have any poly ships?
Honestly, I can’t think of any. I guess I’m boring.
10. Do you ship any characters that have never met?
No? Once again, boring.
15. Have you ever “shipped at first sight”?
Oliver/Felicity (actually I basically shipped them before I even got to episode 3 because of my friends)!!!!! Luke/Lorelai!!!! Cappie/Casey!!! Jim/Pam! Zoe/Wade! Danny/Mindy! Probably others, though as I was making this list, I realized it was fewer of my OTPs than I expected. A lot of them were growers.
20. Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
I don’t think I’ve ever been TOTALLY alone in shipping, but I’ve had a few unconventional/unpopular ships? The biggest one that comes to mind is George/Izzie back in the day. There was sooooo much hate for them, but there was a huge group of us on LJ that basically had a support group lol. Eric/Sookie is another, but that’s only because veryyyy few of my friends still watch the hot mess that is True Blood.
25. Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
I already mentioned shipping Oliver/Felicity before I really watched the show just based on how much my friends loved them. And I don’t know if this counts, but I ship Harvey/Donna and don’t ever plan on watching Suits.
30.Name a couple of fandoms in which you have no ships.
LOL, I basically don’t watch any shows where I don’t have ships. Ships are essentially my primary draw, assuming it’s a decent show to start. At this point I don’t really ship anyone on Scandal, but I kind of refuse to give up on Jake/Olivia just because I HATE Fitz/Olivia so much. I guess I didn’t ship anyone on Breaking Bad? Ha.
35. Recommend 1-5 shipper blogs.
Ummm…. I mostly follow multi-fandom blogs, but I reblog a lot from oliver-and-felicity.
40. If you could change one thing about your OTP, what would that be?
Oh, shit. What would I change about Oliver/Felicity? Um. The show is FAR from perfect, but for the most part I’m really happy with them and their pacing? I’m sure if I REALLY thought about it, I could come up with a list, but I love their characterization (in terms of each other) and their general development. I guess if I had to say something, I would say that I need Felicity to have a life outside of Oliver, but I think that’s coming in season three, so I’ll hold off on that for now.
- Talk about the first ship you ever had.
- Talk about three of the most important ships throughout your life.
- What’s your current OTP?
- What’s your current NOTP?
- Do you have any poly ships?
- How do you feel about love triangles?
- How do you feel about RPF?
- Have you ever shipped yourself with a character?
- Do you have many ships that never got together at all?
- Do you ship any characters that have never met?
- Talk about your favorite first kiss.
- Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?
- Has a ship ever broken your heart?
- How do you feel about will they/won’t they?
- Have you ever “shipped at first sight”?
- Talk about a ship you initially disliked.
- Talk about a pairing you’ve stopped shipping romantically.
- Talk about a moment which made you question an entire ship.
- Have you ever shipped something despite yourself?
- Talk about a ship you feel alone in shipping.
- Is there a ship you just don’t get, but have nothing against?
- Which of your ships have the best chemistry?
- Which of your ships deserve better writing?
- Do you mostly ship canon pairings?
- Have you ever shipped a pairing before you even started watching the show/movie simply because of gifs and graphics or similar?
- Have you noticed a pattern in your shipping? Is there a romantic dynamic you’re more drawn to?
- Is there a ship you’ve shipped for most of your life?
- Does shipping come easily to you?
- Do you need to ship something to really enjoy a movie/book/tv show/comic?
- Name a couple of fandoms in which you have no ships.
- Talk about one of your favorite headcanons for a ship you love.
- Share five must-read fics.
- Name your favorite fanartist(s).
- Share your favorite fanmix for your OTP.
- Recommend 1-5 shipper blogs.
- Do you create fanmixes/gif sets/fanart/fic/fanvids and so on for you ships?
- Do you have a favorite trope and/or AU for your OTP?
- Do you like and use ship names?
- Is there a fictional relationship you’d really want for yourself?
- If you could change one thing about your OTP, what would that be?
Title:Three Pieces of Furniture and Felicity Smoak
Pairing/Characters: Olicity, Felicity Smoak, Oliver Queen
Summary: Oliver Queen discovers exactly what it takes to make him happy.
Notes: How I imagine Felicity and Oliver might get together post s2. I’m writing it before s3 drops another angst-bomb on us.
If you’d asked twenty year old Oliver Queen if he’d like, one day, to be so broke that fast food would feel like a luxury – to be so broke that he’d be living in a studio (a studio) apartment, with precisely three pieces of furniture to his name and shared laundry facilities in the basement – twenty year old Oliver Queen would have called security and told you to get the hell out of his mansion.
But the odd thing is that broke thirty year old Oliver Queen is happier than he can remember being in a really, really long time.
He owns a refrigerator, a coffee table and a futon, all carefully sourced off craigslist. He also has a microwave, curtsey of Diggle, and hot-plate, from Laurel (he’s pretty sure, actually, that it’s the same one she had in her first apartment back when they were still dating). And an actual working lamp pulled out of a skip down the street.
And the walls here are clean, it’s not damp and it doesn’t smell totally disgusting, which is better than half the places he looked at before this one. There’s windows: he can see out onto a park. He’s thinking about putting up posters.
Also Felicity is currently kinda naked on his futon, which is doing wonders for the rest of the interior decoration.
I keep seeing these videos with people in bathing suits and t-shirts, tank tops. For me personally, when I bring awareness to a charity, I prefer a more formal setting, so excuse me…
don’t hurt BEES. they just want to pollinate flowers and make honey. hurt WASP’s. fuck them and their old money, big mansions, and country clubs